SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery / Artist Fellowship Program
The Fellowship is not being offered at this time, please check back soon for updates.
SOHO2O Chelsea Gallery is a non-profit, artist-run gallery that has been promoting the work of women artists through gallery exhibitions and public programming since 1973. Throughout our thirty-nine year history, we have been delighted to offer the Fellowship Membership as a part of our ongoing programs to support women artists. The SOHO20 Fellowship offers all the benefits of full membership to a selected woman artist free of financial obligation. This program is a fantastic opportunity for artists to join a network of quality women artists actively pursuing their artistic goals.
Fellowship Membership benefits include:
- One solo exhibition
- One group exhibition
- Artist representation on gallery website
- Artist inclusion in gallery flat files
- Opportunities for Artist led events (i.e. Artist talks, panel discussions workshop etc.)
- SOHO20 Gallery’s Director and assistants are available 5 days a weeks for professional
assistance and consultation.
- Studio visits and/or critique/discussion opportunities
- Access to SOHO20 for fiscal sponsorship
Fellow responsibilities include:
- Attending monthly meetings at SOHO20 Gallery
- Fulfilling the requirements of a volunteer position at the gallery (i.e. assisting with various exhibitions, offering your skills in a specialized area, etc.) for approximately 2 hours work per week.
All applicants must be residents of the United States or have a valid visa not expiring before the end of the program, 18 years or older, may not be enrolled in any degree seeking program. The fellowship membership lasts 24 months. Applicants should live in the New York City area so that they may meet their membership responsibilities, i.e. attending monthly meetings. Fellowship membership is open to women artists only. Artists working in all mediums are invited to apply.
Application Process: There is a $30 application fee. Applicants should follow the application process online. Applicants should submit 5 images. Additional images will be charged $5 each. For artists working in video, please include an online link where work can be viewed. Include a brief statement and a one page resume. This will be cut and pasted into the “profile” portion of the online application. Finalists will be asked to bring work samples to gallery and meet with SOHO2O board members before the final selection.