SOHO20 welcomes women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists of all ages and at all different points in their careers to become part of our community. SOHO20 will also consider a plural membership for artists who are working collaboratively or collectively with other artists, whereby two or more artists can apply to SOHO20 under one membership.
Image: Nancy Rodrigo discusses her exhibition at a monthly Member’s meeting. Photo: Debbie Rasiel.
The online application can be found HERE.
Please email email@example.com for more information, including costs, of the Full and National Affiliate artist memberships. See below for details on how to submit an application for membership.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists wishing to apply to one of the above categories are invited to submit the following:
- A completed online application form.
- Up to 10 images and/or 3 videos of recent work. All images must be .jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, or .avi format, and must be labeled in the following format:
- A separate list, numbered to correspond with the included images or videos. The list should include title, medium, size, and date.
- A recent CV or resume, including education, exhibitions, and other relevant information in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- A brief (no more than one page) artist’s statement about the work in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- Up to three catalogues, reviews, and/or brochures about your work. (Optional)
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Once a month, except August, the members of SOHO20 carefully review membership applications. After an initial approval, a request will be made to see actual work at SOHO20. In order for an applicant to become a member, there must be a two-thirds majority vote in her/their favor.
Please contact the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org